Oleg Leontyev: «We did not take advantage of goal-scoring chances we had»
Head coach of HC Neftekhimik Oleg Leontyev speaks with media after a following 1–4 loss against Avangard.
– We did not take advantage of goal-scoring chances we had. The opponent used his chance. Moreover, we made mistakes that led to conceded goals. We need to play simple; I mean the first conceded goal. Sure, the team was ready for today’s battle. There are no easy games.
– During the game, you replaced Skorikov by Raul Yakupov. Why?
– Kind of fresh start. Daniil did not play the way we expected him to. We decided to give Raul a chance.
– For 3 games in a row your team cannot score on the power play. Will there be any changes in power play units?
– Maybe. We had some good chances to score. We have an experienced and skilled guys.
Mikhail Kravets, the head coach of HC Avangard:
– It was an intense game from the first shifts. A lot of battles. Good speed, the opponent did not want to give up. There are a lot of fast guys on the team. It was not easy. It is good that we scored, tied the game up and scored shorthanded goal. At the end of the third period, we scored on the power play. The most important thing is that throughout the game the guys completed the task. Our goaltender played great and kept us in the game. We will prepare for the next game.