Oleg Leontyev: «Despite the result of the game, I liked the way we played»
Neftekhimik head coach Oleg Leontyev speaks with the media after a following 1–3 loss against Sibir.
– We had a great game. Despite the result of the game, I liked the way we played. We had to be more focused on the game, score on the power play, we had great scoring chances. An opposing goaltender played well. Of course, we should not concede goals like we conceded the second goal. You need to help the team, block the shots… Unfortunately, you do not get points for the good game.
– It was a special game for Nikita Setdikov...
– As well as for Ilya Khokhlov, Ilya Pastukhov, and, of course, for Nikita Setdikov. You try to do your best, especially against your former team. At the same time, you need to do your best always.
– Pastukhov has already played for Sibir and Admiral this season. What will he give to your team?
– I do not know why previous teams did not keep him. Ilya does the right things defensively. He plays in the right way, the way we ask him to play. Ilya is young and promising player and I think he will play better and better here.