Oleg Leontyev: «We scored good goals»
Neftekhimik Head Coach Oleg Leontyev speaks with the media after a following.
– It was a tough game. The opponent had an extra day off. Nevertheless, our guys were ready for this beginning of the game. Finally, we got success on the power play. We scored good goals. Andrei Tikhomirov played well and kept us in the game. The guys blocked 39 shots. Congratulations to the team and our fans!
– Pastukhov played as a part of firs line. Is it kind of trust from your side? Did you like the way German Tochilkin played?
– It makes no difference who plays on the first line. It is not easy for Tochilkin right after the VHL to adjust to KHL. It was not bad for Tochikin. You need to be faster and make quick decisions. I think that he will be fine.
– Ilya Sokolov and Lukas Klok leaved the ice right to the locker room and did not show up after that.
– It happens that players get minor injuries.
– Why Skorikov did not play?
– He will play the next game. We have other players who also want to play.
– For almost two periods, the game was played with one linesman. Has this happened in your career?
– I hope that he is all right. I did not even notice that there was one linesman. Shelyanin is a very experienced linesman and managed get this work done.
Viktor Kozlov, the head coach of HC Salavat Yulaev:– The first period was not our best: both teams got a lot of penalties on both sides. It took time for the guys to find their game. We conceded that goal at the last second. In the second period, we had to play in a right way. The guys did not give up and try to do their best. Unfortunately, we did not tie the game up. We will get ready for the upcoming game.