Pavel Poryadin: «Of course, you always want to win»
Neftekhimik forward Pavel Poryadin speaks with the media after a following 2–4 loss against Ak Bars.
– Pavel, what prevented the team from getting a win?
– Of course, it is hard find any words now. We scored not enough goals. The opponent seized the initiative in the third period, and we lost our focus on the game and conceded goals. Something like this.
– A lot of people say, that Neftekhimik did more than was possible to. In your opinion, maybe it was possible to win 1st round ?
– Of course, you always want to win. Therefore, we tried to do our best. This is a game and we were like family. There are good things also. You know, we move forward. I think the guys improved their game.
– Can we say that this season is the best one in your career?
– Probably, this is one of the most successful seasons in my career at this level. I had a good season at the MHL (JHL) level as well. We reached the final of the Kharlamov Cup with Reaktor team. However, it was a different level.
Such moments you will remember forever. It was a great first round. At the handshake with the opponent after today's game, we said thank you to each other for a great series. You know it is game, but emotions are very important part of it.
– It seemed that there is some kind of devastation. Maybe, in the third period, you believed that the team would get the job done?
– I was sure that everything was under control. Perhaps, we wanted too much to do it.