Oleg Leontyev: «We played well»
Neftekhimik head coach Oleg Leontyev speaks with the media after a following 2–4 loss against Salavat Yulaev.
– Today we were a close-knit team. We fought to the end and were close to be back on track. We created plenty of goal-scoring chances. In the third period, we outshot an opposing team. Unfortunately, the score on the scoreboard is not in our favor. Despite this fact, we played well.
– Why did the coaching staff decide to choose Dolganov as a starting goalie?
– That was our decision.
– You know, there are goaltenders that are more experienced. Dolganov played his first KHL game...
– That was a good chance for him. That is why we trust. We have 4 goaltenders - Garipov, Tikhomirov, Dolganov and Ozolin.
– Is it difficult to take control of the game while getting so much penalties?
– I would not say it is hard to take control. In such cases, two power play lines spent too much time on the ice, while others guys sit on the bench. This is not good.
– Was it hard to be mentally ready for today’s game after a 0–8 loss in Astana?
– In Astana, it was a close game for two periods. We did not score any goals there. Nevertheless, we prepare for each game regardless of the outcome of the previous game.
– What do you think about Dolganov’s debut?
– In principle, his actions did not affect the result of the game. He kept us in the game and did a good job during pk. Therefore, I think he played well in his debut.